3.17.2010

Interiors >> Pages-Out and Parchment-Bound



This image from Ralph Lauren's new La Plage collection, in which they turned the books pages-out (instead of the usual spine-out), reminded me of these parchment-bound books I'd seen before.

I love the color that a variety of books adds to a room, but if you want a very neutral room, this pages-out and/or parchment spine look creates an interessing textured-neutral backdrop for a room.

Above, from Marie Claire Maison


I saw these wrapped books by Trowbridge Gallery at Decorex in London in the fall, and though I guess they could be considered kitschy or cheesy, I thought they were really clever. 


These parchment bound ones below are from E. Lawrence Ltd. in Atlanta, and they also do some styles similar to Trowbridge's more clever ones.




and one more...
Rose Tarlow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails